What do we mean by advocacy?
Advocacy can support you to have a strong voice when you need to make an important decision or are facing issues you need help with.
You may need advocacy because you feel:
- No-one’s listening to you
- You have important decisions to make
- You can’t get the help you need
- You don’t agree with decisions that are being made about you
Advocacy can help you to …
- Challenge professional decisions which are being made about you
- Speak out on your behalf or support you to speak out
- Tell you about your rights
- Find out information to help you make an informed decision
- Go to meetings and appointments with you
- Assist you to fill in forms
- Enable you to access specialist advice and support