Our NHS Complaints Advocacy service will support York residents who have a concern or complaint about any aspect of their NHS care or treatment.
This service will help individuals to:
- Understand their rights and make informed choices and ensure that public and patient voices are heard and respected by those who make decisions about NHS healthcare services.
- Support patients to raise their concerns or make a complaint about an NHS service they have received.
- Enable members of the public and patients to feel more empowered, autonomous and informed about standards of healthcare.
- Feedback into campaigning organisations such as Healthwatch York to improve standards of care and treatment within NHS services in York.
- You do not have to make a formal complaint if you don’t want to. If you have any concerns about your NHS care and treatment we can still support you to feedback your experiences without making a complaint.